Saturday, February 14, 2009

Journey To A Place Where King of Kings Born

Journey To A Place Where King of Kings Born

My Route:
My journey starts with finding way in darkness with the help of 35W headlight at 5.00 am. It’s switched off at 6.30 am in Khandala. I skipped Mahad (Shri Varadvinayak) as I want to reach Pune as yearly as possible. Riding early morning is not easy task even though I had leather jacket and globes wind was like thousands of needles attacked on my body.
Now my bike was heading towards Pune. A NDA academy’s tank stopped my roaring tank. I salute it now I am ready to reach my first destination Theur (Shri Chintamani). I reached Theur at 9.00 am. This is a place where Shri Madhwavrao Peshve took his last breathe. A young leader of Marathas ended in front of god. A huge bell hanged in temple is brought by Shri Chimaji Appa from Vasai after victory over Vasai fort. Large Sugar factories chain is developed in this area as soil is producing best quality of Sugar cane.








Tire hits the road again as I am reaching towards Ranjangaon. I reached Ranjangaon at 11.00 am. A small beautiful wooden temple surrounded by big safety wall and beautiful garden. Neat and clean surrounding, beautifully painted walls. Beautiful painted picture story tells you the story of Ganesha. I had MahaPrasad (Food) which satisfied me inside out.
I felt the roads are very short and I am terminating them one by one.





Sun is right on top of my head now as I moved towards next destination. Next is what? Next is Ojhar (Shri Vighneshwar). I choose a short cut from Ranjangaon via Malthan to Narayngaon. I choose this under construction road coz I fade up of State and national highways. And want to explore real Village life. And trust me though road was damm bad but hey show me the productivity of this soil. It looks like the god spreads gold on both sides of the road. Huge farms full of Sugar cane, wheat. Meanwhile I took half an hour rest under Babhul tree and visited a wada of Mr.Udayrajraje Pawar, huge evidence of glories history. After 100 KM ride I reached Ojhar. A beautiful temple situated on river bank. Farms were filled by Sugar cane, Wheat, Banana trees, flowers and roads were filled by long line of Bullock carts and bullock carts were filled up by Sugar cane. Beautiful. Suddenly I remembered Shaheer Sabales “ Maharashtra Maza” a poetry in proud of Maharshtra and Marathas!





Now today’s last spot Lennyadri (Shri Girijatmak), a beautiful temple is sculpted in a Mountain. I after crossing around 380 steps I was grounded. After 15-20 minutes rest I started again. I am not born to stop. I visited some good sculpted caves, tested sweet water from a natural source. The temple trust refuses to give me a room to stay as I am single. (Suggestion: never visit temple if you are single) To find a roof for night stay I ride back to Junnar. I got a good room at very reasonable room in Aashiyana Hotel. My day ended by saluting statue of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj in Junner’s chawk and a Kille Shivneri.









Good morning Shivneri. I reached fort at 9.00 am. This is the place where legend born Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj. I don’t have words to express my feelings, as I am standing a place where maharaj used to play, fight, run and study. Every stone has a story to say. Stories of worriers, stories of glory, stories of sacrifices, stories of joy, stories of victories. The character of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj will keep inspiring thousands of generations. I meet my new friends here. Atul, Sunil,Harshad, Dayanand and Bharat these local boys are pure by heart. I had tea and nashta with them. I refused the invitation of lunch at their home by promising next time. I will be back as I never broke promises.
















Now time to compete with wind coz I am coming back to Mumbai. And what a ride man! From Junnar via Ganesha Khind and Malshej Ghat to Kalyan, it is a paradise of Bike riders. In wormy afternoon I was just interested to hear wind whistle.
Roads ended at Vikhroli but with a promise. I am coming back to burn you again!





Route : Mumbai-Panvel-Khandal-Lonavala-Pune-Wagheli-Theur-Wagheli-Ranjangaon-Malthan-Narayangaon-Ojhar-Lennyadri-Junnar-Shivneri-Ganesh Khind-Malshej Ghat-Kalyan-Mumbai
Distance Covered : 510 KM
Expanse : 1400 /- Rs
Avg Speed: 1st day 50-60 km/hr
2nd day 70-80 km/hr

http://picasaweb.google.com/prasadmhatre12003/MumbaiShivneri#

No comments:

Post a Comment